Factors Affecting the Travel and Tourism Industry 2 - Lesson Plan
This resource is designed specifically for Unit 1 of the Edexcel BTEC National qualification, 'The Travel and Tourism Industry', although it will be of relevance to centres following other awarding bodies' programmes.
To explore the factors affecting the travel and tourism industry. This lesson completes our look at how the industry adapts to changes in the business environment.
At the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
- Understand more of the factors affecting the travel and tourism industry
- Research and synthesise information from a range of sources
- Investigate how the UK Government issues travel advice to the public
- Explore how the growth of prosperity in China and India will affect travel e-commerce
- PowerPoint Presentation -Factors Affecting the Travel and Tourism Industry 2 [57K]
- Activity - Factors Affecting the Travel and Tourism Industry 2
- Projector/PC/Internet access
- Outline the key learning outcomes of this session.
- Go through the PowerPoint Presentation.
- Give out the Activity sheet.
- Support and guide students through their investigations of the key Web resources identified in the Activity.
- Review the learning objectives of the session.
The following list summarises relevant key skills for this lesson. The list is not exhaustive, in that students will often need to tackle additional activities in order to generate evidence that is sufficient to meet the specification:
Communication level 3 - C3.1a Contribute to a group discussion about a complex subject.
Students will generate evidence for this key skill through particpating in and contributing to the group discussion on tourism in Kenya (Point 4 of Task 1).