TimeWeb is a free service offering
- Web-based time series databanks
- Materials to help you develop effective data-handling skills
The main materials are split into three parts, and the easiest way to navigate around the site is by using the links in the panel on the left. The sections are:
- Digging - digging for data. Where can you find it? What does it mean? Which data types should you be looking for? How do you know it is reliable?
- Crunching - crunching or processing the data. How can you process and analyse the data? How can you test the data? How can you relate different data types together?
- Buffing - polishing or finishing the data. How should you display it to best effect? How can you evaluate it? How can you check the picture isn't distorted?
To access the full datasets you will need to be studying at a UK-based Higher or Further Education college or university, but there is an extensive set of sample National Statistics data for the UK available to all users. To access either of these use the links at the top of each page.
What's on TimeWeb?